- n an electrical device that provides a path for electrical current to flow
- n a journey or route all the way around a particular place or area
we took a quick circuit of the park
a ten-day coach circuit of the island
- n an established itinerary of venues or events that a particular group of people travel to
she's a familiar name on the club circuit
on the lecture circuit
the judge makes a circuit of the courts in his district
the international tennis circuit
- n the boundary line encompassing an area or object
- n (law) a judicial division of a state or the United States (so-called because originally judges traveled and held court in different locations); one of the twelve groups of states in the United States that is covered by a particular circuit court of appeals
- n a racetrack for automobile races
- n movement once around a course
- v make a circuit
They were circuiting about the state
- Lou Lamoriello in Tampa Tribune
We could not get the computer to work with the circuit breaker and PSE&G (power company) determined that they would not be able to fix it tonight,Devils president and CEO Lou Lamoriello said.
- Frank Williams in Independent
Team principal Sir Frank Williams said: "While we welcome Michael Schumacher back to Formula One, the fact is that any form of in-season circuit testing is strictly prohibited; a regulation clearly laid out by the FIA and adhered to by all of the...
- Niki Lauda in USA Today
He doesn't know the circuit in Valencia, he doesn't know the car, he is not allowed to do any test driving,Lauda said. "These are tougher conditions than for his rivals. And on top, Ferrari doesn't have a top car."