- n a religious person who believes Jesus is the Christ and who is a member of a Christian denomination
- a relating to or characteristic of Christianity
- a following the teachings or manifesting the qualities or spirit of Jesus Christ
- Pope Benedict XVI in Los Angeles Times
Fidelity to your Christian roots, fidelity to the church's mission in the Holy Land, demands of each of you a particular kind of courage: the courage of conviction, born of personal faith, not mere social convention or family tradition,...
- Barack Obama in Guardian Unlimited
I've been to the same church - the same Christian church - for almost 20 years,Obama said at a South Carolina rally. "I was sworn in with my hand on the family Bible. Whenever I'm in the United States Senate, I pledge allegiance to the...
- Colin Powell in The Miami Herald
Obama "is a Christian," Powell said. "He has always been a Christian. But the really right answer is, 'What if he is?' Is there something wrong with being Muslim in this country? The answer is no. That is not America."