- n a stately Protestant (especially Lutheran) hymn tune
- a related to or written for or performed by a chorus or choir
- For the first of an ambitious series of seven concerts featuring choral "masterworks" since Bach, he presented his professional 40-voice Robert Shaw Chorale arranged behind a 45 .
- Soon he was engaged in choral work and for two years he directed simultaneously the music of seven churches.
- And never mind the 10-minute standing ovation--nearly unheard of from a Salzburg audience--that followed the stirring, soaring strains of the closing choral ode.
News & Articles
- Choral director grateful for fun career
MICHIGAN CITY — Michigan City High School choral director Dennis Kienitz will retire at the end of this school year. During his 34-year-long career of teaching, 31 of those years were spent with the Michigan City school system.
June 15, 2013 - The Michigan City News-Dispatch
- Berkshire Choral Festival to hit Weill Hall stage June 15
The Berkshire Choral Festival Chorus, accompanied by the Santa Rosa Symphony, will perform at Weill Hall at Sonoma State University’s...
June 14, 2013 - The Community Voice
- Freeport Choral Society seeks new members
FREEPORT — The Freeport Choral Society is still accepting new members to perform in its Aug. 4 concert.
June 13, 2013 - The Journal-Standard
- David Dinkins in Forbes
The chairman of the choir's board, former New York Mayor David N. Dinkins, called Turnbull "a giant in American choral music performance and arrangement."
- Ray Davies in Reuters
DETROIT (Billboard) - After reinterpreting his past for "The Kinks Choral Collection," which comes out Tuesday, Ray Davies says that "my initial instinct is to write some new songs again."
- Mark Thompson in Theos
Claims that the BBC was anti-God were "not just too sweeping; they are not even directionally true", said Mr Thompson. "This year we celebrated the 80th anniversary of the launch of the Daily Service. Songs of Praise, Choral Evensong, Thought...