- n a block of wood used to prevent the sliding or rolling of a heavy object
- v secure with chocks
- v support on chocks
chock the boat
- r as completely as possible
it was chock-a-block full
- And I found them: my apartment was chock-full of delicious, invisible data, ripe for the plucking.
- Days later, to add insult to injury, McCain was forced to vote for a revamped bailout package chock-full of the special-interest earmarks he has long opposed and had vowed not to .
- He certainly is, and boy does it show: his pages are chock-full of insults (Bush is "devoid of any character"), exclamations ("It's enough to make the cat cry") and italics--just .
News & Articles
- This Chart Shows the Digital Divide Is Still a Real Problem
The White House released a new broadband report Friday that's chock full of interesting information about the state of American broadband. A key chart, however, comes on page nine and shows the digital divide is still very, very real: Approximately 91% of Americans as a whole have "access to wired broadband speeds of at least 10mbps downstream," the report found. But this chart shows a very ...
June 14, 2013 - Mashable
- At The Movies, The Women Are Gone
With theaters — particularly larger theaters — chock full of men's stories, where did the women go?
June 14, 2013 - NPR
- Looking Forward & Backward—For An Entire City Block
When Don Wunderlee moved his studio from Westville to Erector Square, he had to cram into a reduced 400 square feet of space and hang his paintings-in-progress chock-a-block and atop each other. That constriction gave him some new visual ideas that he now has plenty of room to show off. They’re hanging in a unique new gallery space in town that is literally a city block long.
June 14, 2013 - New Haven Independent
- John Howard in Melbourne Herald Sun
This 10 point plan is directed at parents and the 10 point plan contains very simple suggestions,Mr Howard said. "They are easy to follow, they are chock full of commonsense, and if those rules are followed by all parents, then obesity...
- John Boehner in Bloomberg
Unfortunately, the trillion-dollar spending plan authored by congressional Democrats is chock full of government programs and projects, most of which won't provide immediate relief,Boehner said today in his party's first weekly radio and...