- n the seed of the chickpea plant
- n Asiatic herb cultivated for its short pods with one or two edible seeds
- n large white roundish Asiatic legume; usually dried
- Bargain as if your life depended on it, and then recharge at a food stall with a bowl of chickpea stew or laghman hand-pulled noodles topped with a mutton and vegetable rag.
- On his lunch break he scours New York City for ingredients like the smoked paprika needed for a chickpea dish he recently made.
- Subtle spicy chicken, lentil, lamb and chickpea sauces, are served, as is customary, on a giant communal injera (pancake) and washed down with honey wine.
News & Articles
- Baba’s Falafel works chickpea magic
I’m a falafel nut, which means I’m often disappointed. Too often the fried knobs of ground chickpeas, spices and herbs comes from a box. Too often they are greasy, or too crunchy, or too soft. The pitas nestling them are dry, the hummus is manufactured in Peoria and comes from a tub, the tahini sauce [...]
June 12, 2013 - Denver Post
- Taste the World goes vegetarian for its June tour
A Greek appetizer of fried chickpea falafel. An Arabian eggplant dip known as baba ghanoush. Tasty Mexican chiles rellenos. A Nepali-style chow mein noodle dish.Who says vegetarian food isn't fun or flavorful? Certainly not the organizers of Taste the World tour, which continues its 2013 season on F...
June 6, 2013 - Lancaster Online