- n a rhythmical work song originally sung by sailors
- Pilot Haddock recalled a chantey by which student aviators in the Navy were taught the rudiments of safe flying, each verse pointing a moral.
- Two good poems appearone an old-style Lindsay chantey, "The Virginians Are Coming Again," and "Twenty Years Ago," a rambling epistle to some anonymous and scornfully rejected .
- The sound track blares the black, lurching music of the chantey, Shenandoah.
News & Articles
- PowPAC hosts seaworthy fundraiser
Hoist the anchor and set your sails for PowPAC, Poway’s Community Theatre’s “Anchors, Barnacles and Chanteys” fundraiser, 7 p.m. Friday, Oct. 25 and Saturday, Oct. 26 at the theater, 13250 Poway Road in the Lively Center.
Oct. 19, 2013 - Pomerado Newspaper Group
- Gore Verbinski in RTE.ie
Commenting on the album, Verbinski said: "I slowly became fascinated by the idea of a contemporary reinterpretation of the sea chantey. I imagined the artists that I listen to and respect doing their take on this age-old music: the song of the sea."