- n a bowl-shaped drinking vessel; especially the Eucharistic cup
- A V isn't just a V, it's a chalice, a symbol of the eternal feminine.
- They ignored the candlesticks, the alms box and the communion chalice: those are for amateurs easy to grab, easy to sell.
- Finishing his homily, he stepped to the altar and raised the chalice of Communion wine.
News & Articles
- Bruins vs. Blackhawks: Rask Gives Boston Advantage in Stanley Cup Finals
The silver chalice stands idly by, awaiting its travel schedule to either Boston or Chicago. For Boston, the man between the pipes has every intention of returning it to Beantown. Tuukka Rask posted some memorable numbers in Boston’s sweep of the Pittsburgh Penguins , and he’ll be the key for the Bruins against the high-flying Hawks. As the backup to Tim Thomas during Boston’s Stanley Cup ...
June 11, 2013 - Bleacher Report
- Massive Chalice will have same-sex relationships, thanks to donors
Massive Chalice project lead Brad Muir says the team hadn't considered same sex relationships before taking to Kickstarter, and a publisher would likely have vetoed the idea if they had. ...
June 7, 2013 - Gamasutra
- Double Fine's Massive Chalice to feature same-sex relationships
Double Fine's crowdfunded strategy-RPG Massive Chalice will include same-sex relationships and marriage as part of its generation-based gameplay, developer Brad Muir revealed while talking with Rock Paper Shotgun . Muir notes that feedback from Kickstarter backers inspired his team's decision to include same-sex options. "We did not talk about [the possibility of gay marriage] until we launched ...
June 7, 2013 - Joystiq
- Robert Jackson in FOXNews
Before voting against the bill, Dodd reminded the Senate what Justice Robert Jackson said about the need for a fair trial at Nuremberg: "To pass these defendants a poisoned chalice is to put it to our lips as well."
- Chris Cairns in Daily News & Analysis
Cricket's not part of my life at the moment. It'd be great to help out in a New Zealand capacity one day, but because of what has happened I'ma bit of a poisoned chalice, really,Cairns said.
- Buzz Aldrin in Forbes
With them and a small chalice from the kit, I took communion on the moon, reading to myself from a small card I carried on which I had written the portion of the Book of John used in the traditional communion ceremony,Aldrin wrote.