- n the trait of being cautious; being attentive to possible danger
a man of caution
- n a warning against certain acts
- n judiciousness in avoiding harm or danger
he exercised caution in opening the door
- n the trait of being circumspect and prudent
- v warn strongly; put on guard
- The very means that man uses to conquer or prevent disease have a way of turning on him unless he uses caution.
- Elena Kagan in The Associated Press
It should be regarded with some caution,Kagan said of that line of thinking.
- Kevin Harvick in Lewiston Sun Journal
That really wasn't the situation that we wanted to be in,said Harvick, also the winner at Talladega in April. "I wanted to be behind him and be able to push him because it was looking pretty good for us, then that caution came out and we...
- Barack Obama in USA Today
Obama said "we don't know all the answers yet and I would caution to jumping to conclusions until we have all the facts."