catalytic : Definition, Usages, News and More
- a relating to or causing or involving catalysis
- The catalytic units are arranged in layers in the chimneys, and each unit has 73 porcelain rods coated with a thin film (only .
- Engelhard makes a catalytic convertera steel cylinder containing a platinum-treated honeycomb structurethat changes some toxic gases into harmless substances.
- You think ethanol from corn kernels is environmentally friendly? How about gasoline made from cornstalks? Bioforming, a new catalytic technique for converting biomass materials .
News & Articles
- 2 Arrested for Stealing Catalytic Converters
STOCKTON- Two men are under arrest, after a police department employee reportedly watched them take two catalytic converters from cars in a Stockton parking lot. It happened Thursday evening in a lot along Trinity Parkway, south of 8 Mile Road.…
June 21, 2013 - FOX40 Sacramento
- Man Accused Of Stealing Catalytic Converters
Police say a man tried to steal as many as eight catalytic converters from a south Columbus car lot. Get the story.
June 21, 2013 - WBNS-10TV Columbus
- Motorists cautioned about the dangers of catalytic converters
Recent fires on South Georgia farms caused by catalytic converters have firefighters cautioning motorists about driving and parking off paved surfaces. They say the catalytic converter underneath your car, which is responsible for reducing exhaust emissions, can reach upward of 1,200 degrees in a matter of minutes.
June 20, 2013 - WALB Albany
- Gabor Somorjai in Azom.com
We've discovered that the presence of carbon monoxide molecules can reversibly alter the catalytic surfaces of platinum single crystals, supposedly the most thermodynamically stable configuration for a platinum catalyst,said Somorjai, one of...
- Carl Jung in Fortean Times
Both jumped up, and Jung said to Freud: "There, that is an example of a so-called catalytic exteriorisation phenomenon!"