carmaker : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a business engaged in the manufacture of automobiles
- Why would Magna want Opel when acquisition of the bankrupt European carmaker could jeopardize billions of dollars in business with existing customers and possibly lead to its .
- MUSCLING IN: Brawn GP, successor to the Honda team after the troubled Japanese carmaker quit Formula One, has impressed during testing Eager to stop more teams quitting the sport .
- Strong initial orders for Tata Motors' new ultra-cheap car, the Nano, have boosted the struggling Indian carmaker's finances while prompting competitors to launch their own low .
News & Articles
- Audi ramps up Hungarian production in boost to economy
GYOR, Hungary (Reuters) - German carmaker Audi launched production on Wednesday at a 900 million euro (765.8 million pounds) plant in Hungary, giving a much-needed boost to the country's sluggish economy. ...
June 12, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! Finance
- Nissan Expects Thai Slump to Limit Southeast Asia Sales Growth
Nissan Motor Co. (7201) , Japan ’s second-largest carmaker, said a slump in demand in Thailand will undermine sales growth in Southeast Asia. Sales in the five Southeast Asian countries of Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines , Thailand, and Vietnam , will probably reach 270,000 units in the 12 months ending March, compared with about 260,000 a year earlier, Takayuki Kimura, the Bangkok-based ...
June 12, 2013 - Bloomberg
- Best days for Toyota's U.S. market share look over for now
NAGOYA, Japan (Reuters) - Toyota Motor Corp said it is unlikely to recapture its peak market share it held four years ago in the United States, its biggest market, the latest sign the Japanese carmaker is shifting from aggressively expanding sales to improving quality. Toyota, the third best-selling carmaker in the United States after General Motors Co and Ford Motor Co , is likely to earn ...
June 12, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Francois Fillon in Bloomberg
The message . . . to every car buyer and carmaker would be this: The price of gasoline is never going back down. Therefore, if you buy a big gas guzzler today, you are locking yourself into perpetually high gasoline bills. You are buying a pig that... Thomas Friedman http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Friedman&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNEW5lUmOyfWVpdUair19vHTQNBB1g Arizona Daily Star http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.azstarnet.com/business/241518&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNEKLRi1uw5VvVlrDX114DsIa4eaAg Jun 1, 2008
15263 21149 carmaker State assistance is out of the question for any carmaker that decides to close a French site," Fillon said.
- Stavros Dimas in Reuters AlertNet
As the public debate has become more intense, we've suddenly seen what can be achieved,Dimas said. "Just about every carmaker is now bringing out low-emission vehicles on the market -- and that is true for every segment."