- n hard outer covering or case of certain organisms such as arthropods and turtles
- There are lives that one slowly acquires, like a carapace.
- With independence, America threw off the carapace of regulations and treaties that applied to British colonies.
- Yet in color she is closer to the gritty street, an extension of its drabness, scuttling deeper into the darkness, looking for something hidden under the extravagant carapace of .
News & Articles
- Spiny Lobster Season Begins Soon
Spiny lobsters must have a carapace length greater than 3 inches to be taken during the open seasons.
July 17, 2013 - WCTV Tallahassee
- Max Azria in International Herald Tribune
Using iconic bandages and patch-working textures of velvet, boucle and snakeskin, we create the modern carapace for the female form,Azria said in his notes to a crowd that included Lucy Liu, January Jones and Sophia Bush.
- Linda Colley in New York Times
What is different about Britain, its particular accident, is that it was a winner in the wars and, unlike other European states, it kept its monarchy and kept its residual state of glory and stature, this carapace of splendor,said Linda...
- Mike Leavitt in Washington Post
It is Blunt's condescension, the intact carapace of his self-esteem which have struck those who have sought him out since his public exposure. Hardened souls in journalism have recoiled from the man's cold sophistries, from the edge of... George Steiner http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Steiner&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGzih526EKQq90GveMkcSYAJGO4cg Los Angeles Times http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/la-caw-new-paperbacks-2009mar01,0,5877732.story&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNEX01fHJO0dUozDKGx4zRIxwNZK7w Feb 27, 2009
15052 20800 carat When health researchers hear the words `Framingham study,' it's like 24-carat gold," said Mike Leavitt, secretary of the US Department of Health and Human Services. "The consistency and data that's come from that long period cannot be...