- n the state of being imprisoned
he was held in captivity until he died
- n the state of being a slave
So every bondman in his own hand bears the power to cancel his captivity"--Shakespeare
- Betancourt's mother, Yolanda Pulecio, told PTI earlier this year that she feared Uribe's bellicose policy would mean interminable captivity for Betancourt, who looked emaciated .
- Since today is World Press Freedom Day, spare a thought for Alan Johnston, the BBC's Gaza correspondent who has been in captivity since March 12.
- In captivity, mothers are often held in relative solitude, undergo stressful and painful births, and then simply kill the source of all that suffering.
- Zeev Boim in Wall Street Journal
On the one hand we are glad that our service personnel return safe and unharmed from their captivity, but on the other we return to the sober and ugly reality of what is happening through terrorism in Iraq, terrorism designed specifically to thwart... Tony Blair http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_Blair&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFrasCBCQNLoiRZGTcJYVnJN2a4xw Forbes http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.forbes.com/feeds/ap/2007/04/05/ap3586120.html&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNEvJJ2VL_6OS8a15tt1n9-pS6amag Apr 5, 2007
15027 20712 captivity No one should be surprised if Hamas will now raise the price for freeing him," Mr. Boim said. "There is some basis to assessments that there is no need to keep Israeli soldiers alive in captivity because Israel will pay a high price even for...
- Song Min-soon in Guardian Unlimited
The hostages can't be perfectly healthy after nearly 20 days in captivity. In that sense, they are not healthy on the whole,Song told reporters, according to Yonhap news agency. "There has been no symptom of any of the hostages being...