cantaloupe : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a variety of muskmelon vine having fruit with a tan rind and orange flesh
- n the fruit of a cantaloup vine; small to medium-sized melon with yellowish flesh
- Lieutenant Maughan got up, dressed, went to the mess, called for scrambled eggs, bacon and toast, wandered about nibbling a cantaloupe.
- Diedrich's farm is located on the west side of the San Joaquin Valley, traditionally a cornucopia of tomatoes, almonds, cantaloupe, pistachios and lettuces.
- Of course, that price includes ground beef and stew meat as well as tenderloin and filet mignon, not to mention beef tongue and a cantaloupe-size heart.
News & Articles
- State agriculture department encourages garden giants
CHARLESTON, W.Va. -- Can you grow an ear of corn over a foot long. How about a 28-pound cantaloupe. If so, the West Virginia Department of Agriculture wants to put you in the record book. The department has kept records on the largest fruits and vegetables...
June 20, 2013 - The Charleston Gazette
- W.Va. Ag Department Encourages Garden Giants
Can you grow an ear of corn over a foot long? How about a 28-pound cantaloupe? If so, the West Virginia Department of Agriculture wants to put you in the record book.
June 20, 2013 - WHSV Harrisonburg
- Watch On The Rinds: The FDA’s Mimolette Ban
Mimolette is a beloved French cheese produced for hundreds of years around the city of Lille. It looks somewhat like a ripe cantaloupe and tastes not unlike classic Dutch Gouda, to which it is related.
June 20, 2013 - Cato Institute
- Mike Leavitt in International Herald Tribune
We've had two incidents in the last month and a half: the Honduran cantaloupe, and now the tomatoes,Leavitt said, referring to a March FDA warning against cantaloupes implicated in a previous salmonella outbreak. "What it demonstrates is...
- Todd Helton in MLB.com
I saw him right afterwards, and it looked pretty painful,Helton said. "It was on the top of his head. It was a cantaloupe, grapefruit, I don't know."
- Yolanda Griffith in San Francisco Chronicle
Griffith, an easy choice for Most Valuable Player of the Finals, said afterward that her knee was "swollen like a big cantaloupe."