- n a fungal disease of woody plants that causes localized damage to the bark
- n an ulceration (especially of the lips or lining of the mouth)
- n a pernicious and malign influence that is hard to get rid of
according to him, I was the canker in their midst
- v become infected with a canker
- v infect with a canker
- Unlike canker, greening spreads from tree to tree without the aid of heavy winds or rain.
- Last week scientists confirmed that a deadly new strain of citrus canker, a bacterial disease that is harmless to humans but defoliates and kills trees, has swept from Ward's .
- The canker grows until the branch, and eventually the tree, sickens and dies.
News & Articles
- Diane St. Clair's Animal Farm Buttermilk Cookbook
The Animal Farm Buttermilk Cookbook by Diane St. Clair Forget about an apple. A glass of buttermilk a day can cure all sorts of ailments: canker sores, colitis, heat stroke, thrush, parasites, and even excessive sweating. more…
June 19, 2013 - Charleston City Paper
- Adam Putnam in Bizjournals.com
Citrus canker and other disease threats have jeopardized a vital portion of Florida's economy, and the Citrus Health Response Plan provides an encouraging first step to ensure the future viability of the citrus industry,Adam H. Putnam,...
- Mike Johanns in Environment News Service
This critical funding from USDA will help accelerate eradication activities and keep citrus canker from spreading in Florida,said Johanns. "USDA is providing these funds to help Florida protect the health of the citrus industry, which has...
- Jeb Bush in WESH.com
In the areas where we don't have canker, there should be exports and we should be able to send those to places like Dallas where there's -- within 500 miles -- there's not a citrus tree in sight,Bush said.