- n steadiness of mind under stress
- n an absence of strong winds or rain
- n a feeling of calm; an absence of agitation or excitement
- An inner calmness that lets him ycut through crisis and make his decisions from a base of mature reflection.
- There's a kind of calmness, a determination to go on behaving as he always has, without fuss, feathers or moral fervor.
- Twins who had similar scores in key traits extroversion, calmness and conscientiousness, for example had similar happiness scores; once those traits were accounted for .
- Diego Maradona in BBC Sport
To begin a World Cup in winning fashion gives you a certain sense of calmness,said Maradona. "The only thing that concerns me is that we won a big match. Thank God we won the game."
- Gordon Brown in NDTV.com
I think it is right to pay tribute to the calmness and professionalism of the British Airways staff and the captain and what he achieved in landing the aircraft,Brown said after arriving in Beijing.
- Joe Girardi in FOXNews
There's a calmness about Joe that I think is really important when you manage here,Girardi said. "The greatest advice he ever gave me was just be yourself."