- r with self-possession (especially in times of stress)
he spoke calmly to the rioting students
- r in a sedate manner
- These people rather calmly followed suicide as their exit, in a very positive way, to a higher level of existence.
- Last week he lay on a table calmly watching a scalpel open his torso, calmly discussing with his surgeon such aspects of the human interior as he recalled from the studies made .
- If a shark is sighted in the area, leave the water as calmly and quickly as possible.
News & Articles
- Former hit man John V. Martorano coolly describes a long parade of murders
Coolly and calmly, former hit man John V. Martorano today continued to lay out a grim parade of murders in horrific, cinematic detail in his testimony in the trial of notorious gangster James “Whitey” Bulger in US District Court in Boston, Martorano has confessed to 20 murders but served only 12 years in prison after agreeing to tesitfy for the prosecution.
June 18, 2013 - Boston Globe
- Only On Fox: Gun Toting Bandit Caught On Tape in Daring Robbery
Lots of traffic and police activity, police cameras are everywhere. But that didn't stopped this armed robber from calmly walking into a Dunkin Donuts on camera Monday afternoon and sticking the place up.
June 18, 2013 - FOX 29 Philadelphia
- Davy Arnaud resumes training with teammates, moves closer to Montreal Impact return
MONTREAL – As Davy Arnaud calmly answered reporters’ questions under the midday sun on Monday, Andrew Wenger started the short walk to the training ground parking and yelled, “Davy! When are you coming back?”
June 17, 2013 - MLS via Yahoo! Sports
- Barack Obama in Indiantelevision.com
Paying his condolence to the celebrity TV anchorman, US President Barack Obama said, "He was there through wars and riots, marches and milestones, calmly telling us what we needed to know. And through it all, he never lost the integrity he gained...
- Shawn Chacon in International Herald Tribune
He started yelling and cussing,Chacon said of Wade, according to a story on the Chronicle's Web site. "I'm sitting there and I said to him very calmly, 'Ed, you need to stop yelling at me. Then I stood up and said, 'You better stop yelling...
- Bob Bradley in The Associated Press
He did so well to put himself in a goal-scoring position,Bradley said. "Over time he'll just understand that in those spots you have a little more time and you don't have to rush anything. That ability to take that chance calmly and finish...