- n a compartment at the front of a motor vehicle or locomotive where driver sits
- n small two-wheeled horse-drawn carriage; with two seats and a folding hood
- n a car driven by a person whose job is to take passengers where they want to go in exchange for money
- v ride in a taxicab
- This simple action black man hailing cab is now a tableau in America's ongoing culture war.
- Despite the risk to their own lives, they grabbed Denny, put him back into his cab and drove him to a nearby hospital where doctors were able to save his life.
- Reported holdups of New York cab drivers number more than 600 a year, and 14 cabbies have been murdered in the last seven years.
News & Articles
- Cab driver repeatedly stabbed forgives attackers
A Port St. Lucie cab driver who was stabbed, beaten and robbed forgives his attackers.
June 13, 2013 - WPBF Palm Beach
- Cab driver suffers apparent heart attack, strikes pedestrian and baby
A livery cab driver suffered an apparent heart attack while driving and crashed on a Bronx sidewalk, striking a 17-year-old girl and her 1-year-old child, sources said.
June 11, 2013 - New York Daily News
- Cab driver sues city, police after drunken attack
AUSTIN -- A taxi cab driver is suing the City of Austin and five Austin Police Department officers. He says the officers forced him to transport an intoxicated, violent man who later assaulted him. The cabbie wants to stop officers from using taxis to send drunk people home. Akbar Amir-Akbari, 66, has lived in Austin since 1972 and driven a cab for close to 30 years. He uses a cane to get around ...
June 10, 2013 - KVUE-TV Austin
- Barack Obama in CNN
Obama, who is biracial, said, "You know, when I'm catching a cab in Manhattan -- in the past, I think I've given my credentials."
- Stephen Byers in ABC Online
The Sunday Times and Channel Four published hidden camera footage of former transport minister Stephen Byers, saying he was a "cab for hire" and would carry out lobbying for fees of up to 5,000 pounds ($8,200) per day.