buzzer : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a push button at an outer door that gives a ringing or buzzing signal when pushed
- n a signaling device that makes a buzzing sound
- The twist here is that a buzzer sounds at random intervals.
- GOODS SERVICES Pocket Buzzer.
- An athlete's battle against time alternates between the immediate and the protracted: one final shot before the buzzer, one last season before the legs give out.
News & Articles
- New phone and security systems come to Chippewa Valley in July
The elementary and middle schools in the Chippewa Valley School District will have new phone and buzzer systems installed in July – increasing security for next school year.
June 13, 2013 - The Voice
- Gary Neal caps hits buzzer-beating three-pointer in Game 3 of NBA Finals
San Antonio’s offense characteristically makes brilliant use of its role players, and the Spurs made particularly great use of sharpshooting guard Gary Neal on Tuesday night. Pristine ball movement netted plenty of open looks for Neal, and he responded in kind with an outstanding first half: 14 total points on 4-of-6 shooting from long range, three of which came on a buzzer-beating three to help ...
June 12, 2013 - Sports Illustrated
- NBA Players Who Need Style Assistance
All eyes are on the court during the NBA playoffs, but once the final buzzer goes off at the end of the game, the attention shifts to the postgame press conference podium. Some players love dressing up for press conferences, while others don't really put too much time or effort into it. However, in this day and age, to some, it's important to present themselves well and maintain their "brand." I ...
June 12, 2013 - Bleacher Report
- Edward Markey in Forbes
It's like a 3-point shot at the buzzer,said Rep. Edward J. Markey, D-Mass., chairman of the House Subcommittee on Telecommunications and the Internet, who requested the report.
- LeBron James in USA Today
I just took my time,said James. "For me a second is a long time. For others it's very short. As a kid you practice those type of moments. Everybody knows those type of moments. To hit a shot like that at the buzzer, at home, wow."
- Hillary Rodham Clinton in FOXNews
You don't walk off the court before the buzzer sounds,Clinton said on CNN. "You never know, you might get a three-point shot at the end."