doorbell : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a push button at an outer door that gives a ringing or buzzing signal when pushed
- When the doorbell rings, they all go berzerk sic.
- The ring of a doorbell last week at thresholds in Florida and Massachusetts signaled the appearance of a short (5 ft.
- The museum had been open for 10 minutes when a man rang the doorbell asking if visiting hours had started.
News & Articles
- Gold Star father offers aid to others
Former Staff Sgt. John Harris heard the doorbell buzzer ring inside his small apartment complex in Denver, Colo.
June 16, 2013 - Killeen Daily Herald
- Doorbells, twist ties ... the hunt is still on
The chiming of the doorbell raised the ire of the family dog.
June 14, 2013 - Coeur d'Alene Press
- Georgia Gun Owner Shoots Robber in Butt
A Georgia robber was shot in his butt earlier this week when he broke into the wrong home in Brunswick, Georgia. According to Glynn County Police Department, the resident was alerted at about 11:00 p.m. to the sound of his doorbell. The homeowner did not see anybody outside, so he became suspicious when he heard the doorbell ring a second time a few minutes later. This time, the man grabbed his ...
June 14, 2013 - Opposing Views
- KT Tunstall in BBC News
Ms Tunstall, 32, wrote on her website: "So, 1100 GMT on Christmas morning, the doorbell goes and it's Luke suited and booted. With all his bags. And a little box. Wrapped with a ribbon. He proposed."
- Siddarth Narayan in Times of India
At 2:30 am this morning, two drunks rang my doorbell 50 times and then tried to break down the door, before security came and took them away. They claimed to be fans,Siddharth posted on micro-blogging site Twitter.
- Donovan McNabb in News Channel 8
And that's by us wining the Super Bowl and presenting him with the jersey,McNabb said. "I know I can't just walk up to his doorbell and try and meet him!"