- n the act of purchasing back something previously sold
- Messier said he initiated the buyback "in the interest of nonspeculating shareholders.
- Icahn's prescription is strong (and expensive) medicine: a $20 billion stock buyback and the spin-off of its vast cable operations.
- Dick Parsons agreed to do what we wanted most--a $20 billion buyback of the stock.
- Dieter Zetsche in Forbes
The announced share buyback program...... underlines our trust in the future of the new Daimler and all its divisions,DaimlerChrysler Chairman Dieter Zetsche told investors and reporters in a conference call. "We have everything in our...
- Jeffrey Immelt in Forbes
This sale is the right move at the right time for GE shareowners,Immelt said. "We received a good price from a respected global company in a highly competitive bidding process. We will use the proceeds to fund the stock buyback and...
- Paul Otellini in USA Today
Intel CEO Paul Otellini said the company is "returning record amounts of cash to our stockholders with one of the highest dividend yields in the technology industry and one of the largest share buyback programs of any company."