- When India and Pakistan separated in 1947, their profitable burlap industry was also split.
- There should be a burlap boom.
- But the principal use for burlap is in sacks.
News & Articles
- Girls learn law enforcement from inside
The mere sight of the burlap suit used to train the Nebraska State Patrol's dogs made Duke begin to growl.
June 11, 2013 - Grand Island Independent
- Paleontologists trying to move 5-ton herd of fossilized dinosaurs
Utah paleontologists are looking for one enormous helicopter to lift a herd of dinosaurs. The Utahraptors are fossilized on a steep slope, just below a cliff near Moab. The herd is protected by a jacket of plaster and burlap.
June 11, 2013 - KSL Salt Lake City
- Tonight on the Town: Summer Porch series or youth ballet
Food: Enjoy live music by Burlap Wolf King tonight at Strawbale Winery during their Summer Porch Series. From 5 to 8 p.m., have dinner from Pork Producers or Skipping Stone Pizza and enjoy dessert by JoAnn's Delectables while listening to live music and sipping on wine. Cost is $5 per carload.
June 6, 2013 - The Argus Leader
- Tom Butt in Alameda Times-Star
Helen King (his grandmother) created stencils, stamped patterns on burlap and sold the patterns as a kit, along with cloth and a guidebook on how to hook rugs,Butt said. "I used to help her."
- Ken Hom in Chicago Sun-Times
The restaurant offered two menus, one for Chinese customers and "one for Westerners," Hom said. "We'd get 80 pounds of conch delivered every week in burlap bags and I dreaded it because it was my job to break them open with a hammer. It was...
- Paul Maurice in Toronto Star
Maurice, who was born in 1967, replied: "We went to more of a fleece-based blanket that I was wrapped in and that was far more comfortable than the burlap I started out in."