- n repeated heavy blows
- v strike against forcefully
- v strike, beat repeatedly
- The controversy buffeting Governor Carlos Romero Barcel, who vehemently denies that any wrong was done, derives from the killing of two young leftists by Commonwealth police.
- The wild buffeting also bent part of the steering mechanism in the right wing.
- He told a vivid story of his buffeting in that job (see below).
News & Articles
- After years of dispute, cruise ship Pearl Mist gets closer to launch
After a four-year buffeting in the legal system, the Pearl Mist has finally found haven in Maryland.
June 16, 2013 - Baltimore Sun
- Rand Paul And Marco Rubio Pitch Christian Conservatives
Two potential 2016 presidential contenders shifted their focus, briefly, from the wave of scandals buffeting the Obama administration and turned their attention to more worldly matters on Thursday — specifically the persecution of Christians around the globe. But in separate speeches at the Faith and...
June 13, 2013 - ABC News
- Rock and Roll, Economics, and Rebuilding the Middle Class
Today, at 7:00 pm EST, Chairman of the Council of Economic Advisers Alan Krueger will deliver remarks on income inequality and rebuilding the middle class at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. As he'll discuss this evening, using rock and roll industry as a example is one of the best ways to explain economics -- many of the forces that are buffeting the U.S. economy can be understood in the context ...
June 13, 2013 - The White House
- Kevin Warsh in New York Times
The desire for well-functioning markets does not require us to insulate asset prices or individual financial institutions from the buffeting of the marketplace,Mr. Warsh said in remarks to the School of Business at the State University of New...
- Bill Ford in San Diego Union Tribune
We've never had these kinds of winds buffeting us,Ford said.
- Martin Wolf in Seeking Alpha (blog)
Meantime, the central bank continues to grapple with the twin risks of inflation and deflation, as Martin Wolf writes in today's Financial Times: "Two storms are buffeting the world economy: an inflationary commodity-price storm and a deflationary...