- n the part of the face above the eyes
- n the arch of hair above each eye
- n the peak of a hill
the sun set behind the brow of distant hills
- If a Hollywood producer can be considered highbrow, suave, grey-eyed Walter Wanger is it.
- Once upon a time, around 1940, there was a popular commodity called middle-brow taste, a comfortable culture of refinement.
- Widen your eyes, as though surprised, but try not to wrinkle the brow.
- RA Dickey in 940 News
It wasn't a brow beating,Dickey said. "I don't want to sound corny, but it was kind of a share your heart meeting. I can only speak for myself, but it made sense to me."
- William Jennings Bryan in Gold Seek
You shall not press down upon the brow of labor this crown of thorns,said William Jennings Bryant, on July 9, 1896, in the most famous political speech in American history. "You shall not crucify mankind upon a cross of gold."
- Kenny MacAskill in The Herald
Low-level offenders should be paying back the harm they have caused to communities through the sweat of their brow,said Mr MacAskill. "Taxpayers shouldn't be footing the bill for their free bed and board and three square meals. It is...