- a like or characteristic of or befitting a brother
- r (archaic as adverb) in a brotherly manner
- Moreover, he had had an hour's visit with Stalin, who was in a big-brotherly mood.
- Subtitled "A Parable," the play is concerned with an undisclosed miracle that has transformed a rascally, coldhearted community into a garden spot of virtue and brotherly love.
- The theme of brotherly love disappeared when Bush had the wits scared out of him in New Hampshire and discovered he would have to give up his pound of flesh to the right wing after .
News & Articles
- Travel: 5 free things to do in Philly
The City of Brotherly Love is perhaps best known for its Colonial roots, but locals will tell you there's much more to explore in this city of 1.5 million people. Options abound for travelers looking for free things to do in and around the historic...
June 16, 2013 - The Standard-Times
- Communities Across Philadelphia Celebrate Father’s Day
Communities across the city of "brotherly love" showed affection for dads this Father's Day Weekend.
June 16, 2013 - CBS Philadelphia
- Brotherly Game Live: First Episode At 8 pm ET Tonight
The Brotherly Game is proud to announce that tonight will be the opening show of " Brotherly Game Live ." The weekly (or more often) radio show is hosted through Blog Talk Radio, which recently partnered with SB Nation.
June 11, 2013 - Philly.com
- Mahmoud Ahmadinejad in 940 News
We had very good talks that were friendly and brotherly. ...... We have mutual understandings and views in all fields, and both sides plan to improve relations as much as possible,Ahmadinejad said in a joint news conference with Talabani at...
- Cemil Cicek in International Herald Tribune
We have always respected the sovereignty of Iraq, which is a friendly and brotherly country to us,Cicek said. "But the reality that everyone knows is that this terrorist organization, which has bases in the north of Iraq, is attacking the...
- Adrien Brody in Washington Post
Owen has a tremendous sense of humor and he's very mischievous,Brody told the news conference. "I would say it was a brotherly thing."