- n a cleaning implement for sweeping; bundle of straws or twigs attached to a long handle
- n any of various shrubs of the genera Cytisus or Genista or Spartium having long slender branches and racemes of yellow flowers
- n common Old World heath represented by many varieties; low evergreen grown widely in the northern hemisphere
- v sweep with a broom or as if with a broom
- v finish with a broom
- To India's 56 million untouchables, the badge of their social inferiority is often the implement of their tradea handleless broom made by binding together a bundle of twigs.
- Oh yes, and Boris Becker sired an illegitimate child in the broom closet of a Nobu restaurant in London.
- A well-used broom at the masthead has been symbolic of naval victory since the 17th Century, when Dutch Admiral Martin Tromp was supposed to have lashed a broom to the masthead of .
News & Articles
- Amarillo Sweeps Diablos
Break out the broom. Amarillo swept the Diablos in their three game series. 0 read more
June 13, 2013 - KTSM El Paso
- Catching Up With ... ex-Orioles broom girl Linda Warehime
It has been 45 years since she first ran onto the field at Memorial Stadium, an 11-year-old blonde with a big smile and a straw broom that would win her fame. There, during the fifth-inning break in Orioles games, Linda Warehime would sweep off the bases, the mound and the infielders' shoes. Sometimes, she'd also dust off the shoes of the visitors' third-base coach and give him a peck on the ...
June 10, 2013 - Baltimore Sun
- Popular videos this week: Brian Williams rapping, Samuel L. Jackson, and a flying broom
From news anchor Brian Williams rapping to a boy "flying" a broom, we rounded up a few of this week's most watched videos for your viewing pleasure. Don't try these at home.
June 9, 2013 - The Kansas City Star
- Jason Gardiner in Arbroath Herald
Judge Jason Gardiner told Rusedski: "Tonight you weren't the most wooden out there, you had a table and a broom. You had fun tonight. It was like a cleaner and a furniture removal man but nevertheless your best score."
- Joe Maddon in USA Today
It doesn't matter which bat he uses. It's all about his physical abilities,Maddon said. "He can use a broom handle and be successful."
- Daniel Vettori in Manawatu Standard
It can be a great thing inexperience, you've never come up against Australia before so you may not have the scars of previous tours,captain Daniel Vettori said. "So if a guy like Martin Guptill or Jesse Ryder or Neil Broom scores a hundred...