- The final 10 minutes achieve a truth and simplicity underscoring the barren brittleness of what has gone before.
- That brittleness has been there all along, but it was often mistaken for toughness.
- Barry Giles is a victim of fragilitas ossium (brittleness of the bones).
News & Articles
- Why James Anderson Will Be England's Key Player in the Lord's Ashes Test
England scrapped their way to victory over Australia in the first Ashes Test. Make no mistake, it was a scrap. Both batting sides showed elements of real fragility and brittleness—Australia more so than England despite their tail-end heroics; they were 117/9 (compared to England's 117/3 in the first innings) and then 231/9 (against England's 231/6). The difference between the two sides in ...
July 16, 2013 - Bleacher Report
- Kevin Rudd in Bloomberg
We would should welcome any efforts by the United States, China, Japan and others to extend the six-party talks mechanism into a broader security mechanism,Rudd said. "That may help to remove some of the brittleness that might otherwise...
- Greg Kinnear in New York Times
I never felt as if I had a complete handle on him,Mr. Kinnear said in a telephone interview. "There'sa bit of a brittleness to him. Then, of course, there's his tenacity, and all the stuff that made him a great character."
- John Adams in Boston Globe (registration)
It has what Adams calls (in a documentary about the making of the film that's a DVD extra) "the tense brittleness of a news event on television."