- n any very large body of (salt) water
- s slightly salty (especially from containing a mixture of seawater and fresh water)
the briny deep
- Even against the chill of the briny air, the nostalgic tour will warm the most jaded of hearts.
- Heaped with fresh chunks of briny lobster lightly bound with mayonnaise (celery is considered by most a heretical addition), it is usually made on hamburger or hot dog rolls, the .
- An engrossing sampling of one briny trove, the salvage of an armada wrecked in the 18th century off Florida, was put up for auction last week in Manhattan's Parke-Bernet Galleries .
News & Articles
- MassDOT taps best and brightest for tunnel project
The problem-plagued Big Dig will soon become the Big Lab as top lighting manufacturers compete to build a state-of-the-art LED tunnel light as part of an experiment to test which prototype can best survive Boston’s harsh winters and briny breezes, the state’s top highway official told the Herald.
June 22, 2013 - Boston Herald