- r for a short time
she visited him briefly
was briefly associated with IBM
- r in a concise manner; in a few words
she replied briefly
briefly, we have a problem
- He practiced medicine briefly in Hong Kong in 1893.
- He graduated from Yale in 1921 and worked briefly on Wall Street but got thoroughly bored.
- Red Sox center fielder Leon Culberson bobbled the ball briefly, and there was no stopping Slaughter who recklessly ran through a stop sign at third and charged home.
News & Articles
- The News, Briefly
The News, Briefly: Beer Train Draws Criticism, Peace Bridge Access: 3 Ways of Looking at a Public Meeting, At the Schoellkopf Power Station, Common Council Report, War Between the Dems: Dispatch From the Cheektowaga Front, Buffalo CarShare Launces Expansion Effort
June 13, 2013 - Artvoice
- Boulder Theater briefly evacuated after bird's nest catches fire in marquee
The Boulder Theater was briefly evacuated during an environmental conference attended by Robert F. Kennedy on Wednesday morning after a bird's nest caught fire in the marquee above the entrance.
June 12, 2013 - Denver Post
- Turkish riot police briefly enter Istanbul Gezi Park: eyewitness
ISTANBUL (Reuters) - Several dozen Turkish riot police on Tuesday briefly entered the Gezi Park in central Istanbul at the heart of two weeks of protests which have turned into nationwide anti-government demonstrations, an eyewitness said. The police gathered in an area below trees on the fringes of the park and remained there for around 10 minutes before withdrawing down steps back into the ...
June 11, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Victor Hanescu in The Associated Press
There were people in the crowd that had been insulting me since the beginning of the match,Hanescu said in a statement issued by the ATP. "I lost my control briefly in the fifth set after another insult from someone in the crowd. I should...
- Dan Bartlett in Forbes
This briefly came up and the president said, 'I've been hearing about this election fraud issue from members of Congress and want to be sure you're on top of it as well,'Bartlett said.
- Jeff Gordon in News & Observer
If we won the race, we'd look like geniuses, Steve [Letarte, crew chief] would have. The fact that we lost the race, now Chad [Knaus, Johnson's crew chief] looks like a genius,Gordon said. "I talked to Steve briefly after the race. He's...