- n detailed instructions, as for a military operation
- v give essential information to someone
- The intelligence analyst at the briefing said there was no involvement by the Iraqi government at any level.
- The terrorism briefing was delivered by Richard Clarke, a career bureaucrat who had served in the first Bush Administration and risen during the Clinton years to become the White .
News & Articles
- Senators Skip NSA Briefing: Only 47 Meet With Top Officials On Surveillance
Only 47 senators attended a closed-door briefing on the National Security Agency's surveillance programs Thursday. More than half of the 100 United States senators opted out of a meeting with Director of National Intelligence James Clapper, NSA Director Keith Alexander and other officials.
June 15, 2013 - The Huffington Post
- Press Briefing by Press Secretary Jay Carney, 6/13/2013
James S. Brady Press Briefing Room 12:21 P.M. EDT MR. CARNEY: Thank you all for being here this afternoon. And let me just say a couple things before we start. First of all, for the reason aforementioned, I need to make a hard stop of 1:00 p.m.-1:05 p.m. Secondly, today the President and Vice President will meet with family members of victims of the tragedy at Sandy Hook Elementary ...
June 14, 2013 - The White House
- InPlay from Briefing.com
InPlay from Briefing.com
June 14, 2013 - Briefing.com via Yahoo! Finance
- Scott McClellan in Belfast Telegraph
Tantalisingly the excerpts provide no detail about what they may have done: "I stood at the White house briefing room podium in front of the glare of the klieg lights for the better part of two weeks and publicly exonerated two of the senior most...
- Steny Hoyer in FOXNews
Our troops are mired in a civil war with no clear enemy and no clear strategy for success,House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer, D-Md., said after leaving the briefing room. "This briefing reinforced our view that the solution in Iraq is a...
- Patrick Leahy in Austin American-Statesman
No American should need a classified briefing to determine whether waterboarding is torture,Mukasey said. "Waterboarding was used at least as long ago as the Spanish Inquisition. We prosecuted Japanese war criminals for waterboarding after...