bracer : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a protective covering for the wrist or arm that is used in archery and fencing and other sports
- n a tonic or restorative (especially a drink of liquor)
- On a chilly fall day at Shannon Airport five years ago, San Francisco Chronicle Columnist Stan ("Postcards") Delaplane stepped up to a bar for a bracer.
- At week's end Turkey's Foreign Minister Skr Saracoglu made a speech indicating that, even in Cairo, Anthony Eden was a bracer.
- All day on his 73rd birthday Steelman Charles Michael Schwab, working at his office on lower Broadway, refused either to see newshawks or to issue his annual bracer.
- Chris Thile in Spinner
The only explanation is to be consumed in the morning, medicinally, to stoke the fires before going out to work in rough weather,Thile tells Spinner. "They describe it as a bracing beverage, and a bracer is something very specific in the...