- n district consisting of the area on either side of a border or boundary of a country or an area
- If this idea hasn't broken through in mainstream pop, there's a market for it on the Internet, that brackish borderland between work and play.
- Here in the borderland between North and South, between East and West, between rich and poor, between city and farm, any would-be President must stay competitive among white voters .
- No one knows how or when the seed of the breed was transported to Afghanistan, but all along the wild, high borderland of northern India the great hounds became a royal canine .
News & Articles
- City provides fans to help families during summer months
The Borderland is in a heat advisory and that means dangerous conditions for some of our most vulnerable residents. 0 read more
June 27, 2013 - KTSM El Paso
- Heat advisory in effect as triple digit heat continues
Every year, people die from heat stroke because they don't take enough precautions, and firefighters want to make sure that doesn't happen this year. Whether going to the pool, staying indoors or finding relief in the shade, people in the borderland are doing everything they can to keep cool. The extreme heat can be even dangerous for people who don't have a way to cool their homes. "It feels ...
June 27, 2013 - KFOX 14 El Paso
- El Pasoans react to SCOTUS decision on gay marriage
Across the Borderland, people are reacting to the Supreme Courts landmark decision on the Defense of Marriage Act and California's Proposition 8. Its a decision many have waited years to hear. "I got a little tearful, I think that it's time," said Raul Soriano of central El Paso. Soriano said when he heard the news of the Supreme Courts' decision on DOMA and Proposition 8, he said he couldn't ...
June 26, 2013 - KFOX 14 El Paso
- Gloria Anzaldua in Examiner.com
In Borderlands: La Frontera, Gloria AnzaldÃºa wrote that a "border is a dividing line, a narrow strip along a steep edge. A borderland is a vague and undetermined place created by the emotional residue of an unnatural boundary. It is in a constant...
- Oprah Winfrey in Los Angeles Times
Brothers of the Borderlandtheater, narrated by Winfrey, tells the story of a young woman escaping from Kentucky to Ohio and finally to Canada.