bootlegger : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n someone who makes or sells illegal liquor
- The son of an agnostic bootlegger, Jerry Falwell found Jesus at age 18 but didn't find politics until much later--and when he did, he was no fundamentalist.
- The bootlegger produced a revolver.
- The bootlegger answers that the Senator wishes to repeal Prohibition and take away his living: "Why, I don't know a millionaire bootlegger today who six years ago wasn't a poor .
News & Articles
- Thomas Dodsworth Memorial Service 2013
Champaign Police Officer Thomas Dodsworth, who was shot and killed by a bootlegger 100 years ago on July 6, 1913 at 111 N. Champaign St., is remembered by local law enforcement at Woodlawn Cemetery in Urbana on Saturday, July 6, 2013. read more
July 6, 2013 - IlliniHQ.com
- Champaign police to honor officer killed in 1913
Police in Champaign plan to honor an officer who was killed 100 years ago in a shootout involving an alleged bootlegger.
July 6, 2013 - Daily Herald
- Champaign cops mark anniversary of officer's death
Champaign -- Police in Champaign are getting ready to mark the 100th anniversary of the death of an officer who died trying to arrest a bootlegger.
July 5, 2013 - WAND TV 17 Decatur
- Johnny Pesky in Boston Globe (registration)
We've lost a couple of guys,Pesky says. "Eddie Mylott -- we used to call him the Bootlegger -- he's been gone almost 10 years. Then there was that little leprechaun from Salem, Jack Kelleher, a funny little guy, a great storyteller. He was...