bolster : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a pillow that is often put across a bed underneath the regular pillows
- v support and strengthen
- v prop up with a pillow or bolster
- v add padding to
- However, the impression that Israel had helped bolster the Georgian military was one the Israeli Foreign Ministry was anxious to avoid.
- Japan struggles to bolster its wobbly financial system.
- And while the Bush Administration is doing what it can to bolster the legitimacy of Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas (the head of Fatah), this could also backfire.
News & Articles
- Britain presses territories on tax action before G8 summit
LONDON (Reuters) - Prime Minister David Cameron will press its overseas tax havens to sign up to an international transparency treaty in London on Saturday, hoping to bolster British credibility ahead of next week's G8 summit. Britain is looking to ensure its self-governing regions, some of which are world-leading tax havens, are taking action to improve information sharing before Cameron meets ...
June 14, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Rookies fitting in on Seahawks defensive line
RENTON, Wash. (AP) -- Seattle's secondary was already one of the league's best and the Seahawks had signed free agents Cliff Avril and Michael Bennett to help bolster the defensive end position.
June 14, 2013 - The Associated Press via Yahoo! Sports
- Market Chatter: Rio Tinto Gains 3.4% Amid Reports of Asset Sales To Bolster Balance Sheet
Rio Tinto ( RIO ) ADRs are up 3.5% amid reports the Anglo-Australian miner is seeking to sell more assets to bolster its balance sheet. Rio Tinto is looking to receive final bids for its
June 13, 2013 - Nasdaq
- Condoleezza Rice in GulfNews
Rice explained that this "renewed commitment" to the region is intended to "help bolster forces of moderation and support a broader strategy to counter the negative influences of Al Qaida, Hezbollah, Syria and Iran".
- Harry Reid in Washington Post
We must safeguard the interests of American taxpayers, protect the hundreds of thousands of automobile workers and retirees, stop the erosion of our manufacturing base, and bolster our economy,Pelosi and Reid wrote.
- Dominique Strauss-Kahn in AFP
The Hungarian authorities have developed a comprehensive policy package that will bolster the economy's near-term stability and improve its long-term growth potential,Stauss-Kahn added. "At the same time it is designed to restore investor...