- n an evil spirit
- n (golf) a score of one stroke over par on a hole
- n an unidentified (and possibly enemy) aircraft
- v to shoot in one stroke over par
- Bogey rumors (derived from the bogeyman) are based on fear.
- After a double bogey that could have taken him out of the running, he was walking to the next tee box when a fan reached over the ropes, patted him on the shoulder and said, "Don't .
- Since stereo came along, the record industry has been haunted by the bogey of unplanned obsolescence: recordings that were big during the LP decade are now as dated as an .
News & Articles
- Charley Hoffman takes early lead at Travelers
A year ago, Hoffman hit a similar tee shot right and into the water, staring at a double-bogey, bogey slide on the final two holes of the tournament in which he lost a two-stroke lead and eventually the title. This time, his drive stayed on the fairway.
June 21, 2013 - Detroit News
- Hoffman shoots 61 at Travelers
CROMWELL, Conn. (AP) -- Charley Hoffman couldn't help but think about last year as he stood on the 17th tee Thursday at the Travelers Championship. A year ago, Hoffman hit a similar tee shot right and into the water, staring at a double-bogey, bogey slide on the final two holes of the tournament in which he lost a two-stroke lead and eventually the title. This time, his drive stayed on the ...
June 21, 2013 - Sentinel & Enterprise
- Els leads European Tour stop in Germany
MUNICH, Germany, June 20 (UPI) -- Ernie Els posted a bogey-free, 9-under-par 63 Thursday in claiming a one-stroke lead at the European Tour's BMW International Open in Germany.
June 20, 2013 - UPI
- Tiger Wood in Canada.com
I accomplished my goal today -- to shoot under par and increase my lead,said Woods. "Only made one bogey and kept myself out of trouble most of the day. I was just trying to put myself in the middle of greens and lag-putt well, trying not...
- Lorena Ochoa in ESPN
Today was important just not to get away too far from the leaders, and that's why I'm so happy that I did,Ochoa said. "Three under for the first day of a major is good, even though I had the double bogey. And hopefully, tomorrow I'll have...
- Andres Romero in Globe and Mail
I couldn't come back after that eight,Romero said Saturday after his 65, which tied the competitive course record. "I made a double-bogey at the 18th because I was mad:.suddenly I was trying to make the cut, so I was going mad the whole...