boeuf : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n meat from an adult domestic bovine
- Theater owners should have sold boeuf bourguignon at the concession stand and maybe had a pledge drive to boot.
- Though not versed in the differences between cheval and boeuf, she did manage to "figure it out in time" to avoid eating the burger.
- From the rich mineral clay of the region he shapes and bakes vases and bowls of exquisite pattern and myriad huesrose, amber, mahogany, violet, sang de boeuf.
- Sebastien Chabal in AFP
It's a very different way of life. The weather's bad. It rains a lot. Above all, I find the food bizarre. I hardly ever eat English food,said Chabal. "My wife and I share the cooking at home. I cook lasagne, boeuf bourguignon, anything...
- Meryl Streep in USA Today
I know it wasn't mine,Streep says, "since I really felt this film, which had a love affair with boeuf bourguignon, should come out in winter."
- Alan Wolfe in MSNBC
As Alan Wolfe wrote in the Washington Monthly last year, "Conservatives cannot govern well for the same reason that vegetarians cannot prepare a world-class boeuf bourguignon: If you believe that what you are called upon to do is wrong, you are not...