b looh baw tuhl
- n an annual Eurasian plant cultivated in North America having showy heads of blue or purple or pink or white flowers
- n blowfly with iridescent blue body; makes a loud buzzing noise in flight
- The flies used are the bluebottle (Calliphora erythrocephala) and the greenbottle (Lucilia caesar).
- You have to put your lips together and make a sound like bluebottle flies buzzing on the window.
- A later observation: that bone infections could be cured by the use of bluebottle fly maggots.