- n an easy victory
- n a sudden malfunction of a part or apparatus
the right front tire had a blowout
as a result of the blowout we lost all the lights
- n a gay festivity
- What happened in Berlin last week was a combination of the fall of the Bastille and a New Year's Eve blowout, of revolution and celebration.
- Yet for all that, there is something about a shared meal--not some holiday blowout, not once in a while but regularly, reliably--that anchors a family even on nights when the food .
- This year's festival, which took place in March, was a 10-day literary blowout, hosting 60 authors from around the world, among them Nobel laureate Seamus Heaney.
News & Articles
- 5 Hated Earnings Stocks That Deserve Your Love
MADISON, Wis. (Stockpickr) -- Short-sellers hate being caught short a stock that reports a blowout quarter. When this happens, we often see a tradable short squeeze develop as the bears rush to cover their positions to avoid big losses. Even the best short-sellers know that it's never a great idea to stay short once a bullish earnings report sparks a big short-covering rally. This is why I scan ...
June 17, 2013 - TheStreet.com
- Chess match goes to Mississippi State over Beavers
OMAHA, Neb. -- The game of baseball can be a lot of things. It can be a slugfest. A pitcher's duel. A blowout. And sometimes, it's a chess match, as it was Saturday in Oregon State's painful 5-4 loss to Mississippi State in the opening game of the College World Series at TD Ameritrade Park. Coaches make educated guesses, and their pawns and knights and bishops and rooks work the board ...
June 17, 2013 - Portland Tribune
- Pregnant Woman, Girl, 4, Die In Rollover After Blowout
A pregnant woman and her 4-year-old daughter died when their SUV overturned after a blowout.
June 15, 2013 - KWTX-TV Waco
- Henry Waxman in BusinessWeek
Time after time, it appears that BP made decisions that increased the risk of a blowout to save the company time or expense,Representatives Henry Waxman of California and Bart Stupak of Michigan said in a letter to BP Chief Executive Officer...
- Brian Dawkins in CNN
I've always had respect for them,Dawkins said. "I'm not cushy with them, but I've always respected this team. It's always been a physical battle with this team. Every once in a game it's been a blowout, but, for the most part, it's usually...
- Bart Stupak in USA Today
Time after time, it appears that BP made decisions that increased the risk of a blowout to save the company time or expense,said Reps. Henry A. Waxman and Bart Stupak, top Democrats of the House Energy and Commerce Committee, in releasing...