- n a strong flame that burns brightly
the blaze spread rapidly
- n a cause of difficulty and suffering
go to blazes
- n noisy and unrestrained mischief
- n a light within the field of vision that is brighter than the brightness to which the eyes are adapted
- n a light-colored marking
they chipped off bark to mark the trail with blazes
the horse had a blaze between its eyes
- v shine brightly and intensively
Meteors blazed across the atmosphere
- v shoot rapidly and repeatedly
He blazed away at the men
- v burn brightly and intensely
The summer sun alone can cause a pine to blaze
- v move rapidly and as if blazing
The spaceship blazed out into space
- v indicate by marking trees with blazes
blaze a trail
- The blaze has not been contained.
- Despite a skillful pilot, 23 die in a jetliner blaze The Air Canada DC-9 was approximately 25 miles northwest of Cincinnati when controllers at the Federal Aviation.
- Authorities have launched a homicide investigation after determining a massive Los Angeles-area blaze that killed two firefighters was arson.
News & Articles
- Smokejumper dies in NorCal blaze
Smokejumper dies in NorCal blaze Luke Sheehy of Susanville (Lassen County) was struck just before 5 p.m. Monday while fighting the Saddle Back Fire in the South Warner Wilderness in Modoc National Forest, about 15 miles south of Alturas (Modoc County), said Stanton Florea, a Forest Service spokesman. Smokejumpers are trained to drop out of planes into rugged terrain that fire trucks generally ...
June 12, 2013 - San Francisco Chronicle
- Blaze damages Mount Pleasant home
Mount Pleasant firefighters are investigating a blaze that damaged a home in the Rivertowne community Sunday night.
June 10, 2013 - The Post and Courier
- Blaze hit Chicago with revenge in mind
Looking to regain its offensive touch, the Utah Blaze will wrap up a three-game road trip at Chicago tonight. The Blaze (4-6) complete a road swing with a rematch against the Chicago Rush (6-5) at the BMO Harris Bank Center in Rockford, Ill. The two teams previously squared off in Week 5, when Chicago narrowly escaped with a 59-56 win after booting a last-second field goal. read more
June 9, 2013 - Standard-Examiner
- Donald Tsang in 940 News
Tsang said that as the torch works its way through China toward Beijing in the next three months, "it will continue to blaze a trail, a trail of unity and peace for all people and all nations."
- Hussain al-Shahristani in ktla 5
This is what caused the fire and led to the leakage of a huge amount of liquid gas as the blaze hit the gas production unit,al-Shahristani said in a statement.
- Arnold Schwarzenegger in International Herald Tribune
Let us blaze the way, for the US, for China and for the rest of the world,Schwarzenegger said. "Our cars have been running on dirty fuel for too long. Our country has been dependent on foreign oil for too long."