- n any place of pain and turmoil;
the hell of battle
- n a cause of difficulty and suffering
war is hell
- n (Christianity) the abode of Satan and the forces of evil; where sinners suffer eternal punishment
- n (religion) the world of the dead
- n violent and excited activity
- n noisy and unrestrained mischief
- hell hath no fury the first wives club packs multiplexes with women who recognize the plot and welcome the message: get even, then get over it.
- When Wendy Law-Yone returned to Burma after 33 years, she discovered that exile was a deliverance from her homeland's living hell.
- Some Christians and skeptics alike believe that sects which soften the old-fashioned hell are running a considerable risk.
News & Articles
- Hell's House: Kino Classics Remastered Edition (Blu-ray)
Highly Recommended A most welcome Blu-ray release, Hell's House (1932) is an obscure, pre-Code film likened to similar penal system expos s that immediately followed it, notably I Am a Fugitive From a Chain Gang (1932) The Mayor of Hell (1933). However, Hell's House was produced independently, outside the studio system, and released on a spotty, states-rights basis. It eventually fell into the ...
June 13, 2013 - DVD Talk
- Controversies: Alll hell broke loose after HGTV...
Alll hell broke loose after HGTV recommended using an American flag "as a bright and festive table runner" in a post about Fourth of July entertaining ideas. Facebook comments such as "No one dies for a table cloth" and "What...
June 13, 2013 - Curbed
- COUNCIL: Hell, here we come
Thank you City Council of Coeur d’Alene for opening the floodgates to hell by adopting a city ordinance that promotes a lifestyle to sin. With the exception of Steve Adams once again you have voted against the majority, the citizens of our beautiful city, who were against the need for the discrimination ordinance. Perhaps now we can change our title from the “Beautiful City by the Lake” to “Sin ...
June 12, 2013 - Coeur d'Alene Press
- Kevin Rudd in USA Today
Hell in all its fury has visited the good people of Victoria,Prime Minister Kevin Rudd said. "It's an appalling tragedy for the nation."
- Patrick Swayze in DetNews.com
You can bet that I'm going through hell,says Swayze to Walters. "And I've only seen the beginning of it. Yeah, I'm scared."
- Joe Torre in USA Today
This has been a great 12 years, whatever the hell happens from here on out,Torre said after the loss. "The 12 years just felt like they were 10 minutes long, to be honest with you."