- v furnish with whiskers
- s having hair on the cheeks and chin
- Flappers sat with blanched faces; bewhiskered Hebrews rocked back and forth with supressed excitement; Ukrainians, more pallid than ever, glanced nervously through their .
- This week the Duc de Guise, bewhiskered pretender to the vanished throne of France, attempted from his Belgian exile to create an impression that what was afoot was a coup to .
- Obviously enjoying himself, War Minister "Klim" arrived with his ferociously bewhiskered colleague in arms, Cavalry General Budenny, and jovial Soviet Education Minister Bubnov.
News & Articles
- Nation's oldest ultramarathon in Auburn is race within a race
A few minutes before 8 o'clock on a pleasant Saturday night last June, well before an ocher-tinged sunset took hold in Auburn, a lithe, bewhiskered and bare-chested runner from Oregon named Timothy Olson crossed the finish line at Placer High School to set the course record at the Western States 100-Mile Endurance Run.
June 26, 2013 - The Sacramento Bee
- Bruce McCall in Toronto Star
...his 1997 memoir Thin Ice: Coming of Age in Canada, author and New Yorker illustrator Bruce McCall wrote about his adolescent attempts to present Canadian history in comic book form: "What ensued was scene after scene of bewhiskered elderly...