- n a mutual promise to marry
- n the act of becoming betrothed or engaged
- BALMORAL CASTLE It is with the greatest pleasure that the King and Queen announce the betrothal of their dearly beloved son, the Prince George, to Princess Marina, daughter of .
- Blau himself was all for it, but when news of their betrothal got out, members of the Neturei Karta were horrified that he should even think of marrying a shikse (Gentile), even .
- The tractate Ketubot in the Mishna dictates that a betrothal is valid only if the bride-to-be has no hidden blemishes that would have disqualified the match, had they been public.
News & Articles
- Shanghai Brides Ranked As China's Most Costly For Suitors
Would-be husbands of single young women in Shanghai are expected to pay out more than 100,000 yuan, or almost $16,400, in ?betrothal? gifts and cash in order to seal a marriage, more than elsewhere in China, the state-published Shanghai Daily reported today. And that doesn?t include the cost of an all-important apartment, said the paper, citing a survey reported on the Internet last week.
June 19, 2013 - Forbes
- Mangosuthu Buthelezi in Independent Online
His Majesty the King has commanded me to announce that negotiations are going on between himself and Mr Agrippa Mafu of Swaziland concerning the king's imminent betrothal to Zola Zelusiwe Mafu, the daughter of Agrippa Mafu and his wife Rose,...