bestride : Definition, Usages, News and More
- The most imposing personage ever to bestride Wall Street--his nickname was Jupiter--Morgan had a thunderclap voice, a ferocious glare and a grotesquely disfigured red nose that, he .
- At the same time, the star tv and BSkyB deals enable Murdoch to bestride the television world.
- For Man of the Year: Joseph Stalin, for "he doth bestride the narrow world like a colossus.
News & Articles
- New York City Hosts 2014 New York International Auto Show
Ride along with BestRide Midnight Oil Auto Blog as we cover the auto shows, review the latest new cars, trucks and discuss the latest in automotive news and trends. Interact with auto experts who have years of experience in the auto industry and can ...
March 24, 2014 - Hope Star
- John Boorman in Reuters India
These guys are the new emperors -- they bestride the universe and they leave their huge carbon footprints all over the place,said Boorman, whose films -- 1985's "The Emerald Forest" in particular -- often highlight environmental concerns....
- Abraham Lincoln in The Conservative Voice
In a debate with Douglas, Lincoln said, "No matter in what shape it comes, whether from the mouth of a king who seeks to bestride the people of his own nation and live by the fruit of their labor, or from one race of man as an apology for enslaving...