- v surround so as to force to give up
The Turks besieged Vienna
- v cause to feel distressed or worried
She was besieged by so many problems that she got discouraged
- v harass, as with questions or requests
The press photographers besieged the movie star
- s surrounded by hostile forces
the besieged town
- Whittington's card-playing buddy Joe Greenhill, a retired Texas Supreme Court justice, says, "He's been besieged with people who want him to be their lawyer.
- Storm Troops besieged, captured police headquarters in the border town of Schwaderbach, opened the frontier to Germany, and marshaled such a heavy show of armed force that fresh .
- The most powerful Communist in Czechoslovakia was suddenly besieged in downtown Prague last week by a pack of long-haired flower children.
News & Articles
- Syrian warplanes strike rebel posts in Aleppo
BEIRUT (AP) — Syrian warplanes struck rebel positions near a besieged military air base and other rebel-held areas in the country's north Tuesday as regime forces stepped up attacks against opposition fighters in the key province of Aleppo, activists said.
June 18, 2013 - Associated Press via Yahoo! News
- Syrian warplanes strike rebel posts in Aleppo - NBC40.net
BEIRUT (AP) - Syrian warplanes struck rebel positions near a besieged military air base and other rebel-held areas in the country's north Tuesday as regime forces stepped up attacks against opposition fighters in the key province of Aleppo, activists said.
June 18, 2013 - NBC40 South Jersey
- First Responder Appreciation Month organized in Provincetown
When the Boston Marathon was besieged by bomb attacks two months ago, Boston EMS personnel were already there at the finish line.
June 18, 2013 - Harwich Oracle
- Archie Norman in BBC News
ITV's challenge is to reduce its dependence on a free-to-air model threatened by digital media and besieged by legacy regulation,said Mr Norman.
- Moammar Gadhafi in International Herald Tribune
We expected his (Obama's) change to mean that he will stand beside the Palestinian people, the besieged and the victims of injustice,Gadhafi said.
- Adam Gadahn in Times of India
Addressing Obama, Gadahn says, "I know that as you slither snake-like into the second year of your reign as a purported president of change. You are fighting, your hands full, with running the affairs of a declining and besieged empire, and in the...