- n the region of the body of a vertebrate between the thorax and the pelvis
- n a protruding abdomen
- n a part that bulges deeply
the belly of a sail
- n the hollow inside of something
in the belly of the ship
- n the underpart of the body of certain vertebrates such as snakes or fish
- v swell out or bulge out
- But for all the preparation, the sight of Chacn inspecting troops on her first day in office, with her rounded belly covered in a stylish maternity blouse, came as a jolt.
- They're lumbering, quarrelsome and predictable in their movements and, says Houpt, "40% of them wind of them up in the belly of lions.
- Though Buddhists regard it with fascination, obstetricians with respect, and belly-dancers as a way of life, no one not interested in finding the middle of his abdomen has ever .
News & Articles
- Belly Expands Platform to Elevate Customer Engagement With Added Functionality
Belly, the industry leading customer loyalty and marketing platform, will release today an updated and redesigned merchant application that will further help Belly partner location
June 12, 2013 - Business Wire via Yahoo! Finance
- Belly takes ‘Bites’ freebies program out of beta; beefs up loyalty platform
Belly is offering a bunch of new tools to small businesses to help them amp up their loyalty programs and market to new customers.
June 12, 2013 - GigaOM
- SRC - Belly Dance - SRC - Belly Dance (SEPT)
Middle Eastern Belly Dance is a low-impact form of dance appropriate for all body types and backgrounds. Learn history, basic movements, isolation techniques, and more. No dance experience necessary. All ages, shapes, genders welcome. Come with a willingness to learn make new friends, laugh and have a good time. Middle Eastern Belly Dance is a low-impact form of dance appropriate for all body ...
June 11, 2013 - WPXI Pittsburgh
- Vice President Dick Cheney in FOXNews
We're on the downside of a recession that may be the worst since World War II. And if the automobile industry goes belly up now, there's a deep concern that that would be a major shock to the system,Cheney said.
- Elton John in FOXNews
John confirmed ownership of "Klara and Edda Belly-Dancing" in a statement on his Web site.
- Orrin Hatch in Bloomberg
Elected in 1976, Hatch said that, as a new senator, "I was filled with conservative fire in my belly and an itch to take on any and everyone who stood in my way, including Ted Kennedy."