- n the region of the body of a vertebrate between the thorax and the pelvis
- n the cavity containing the major viscera; in mammals it is separated from the thorax by the diaphragm
- The patient, a pregnant, 29-year-old woman, had complained for months of severe pains in her abdomen.
- Though the fact is not generally known, the contents of the abdomen can be examined without a major "exploratory" operation, which is usually dangerous, occasionally fatal.
- When his younger sister developed a nagging pain in her abdomen, their father, a pediatrician, couldn't find the cause or a cure.
News & Articles
- NY man shoots wife in abdomen after argument
CORTLANDT MANOR, N.Y. (AP) - A 76-year-old man in suburban New York City is behind bars after police say he shot his wife in the stomach. Genevieve Vallorosi was taken to Westchester Medical Center in critical condition Sunday afternoon with a gunshot wound to her abdomen.
June 16, 2013 - New Jersey Herald
- LATEST NEWS
CORTLANDT MANOR, N.Y. (AP) — A 76-year-old man in suburban New York City is behind bars after police say he shot his wife in the stomach. Genevieve Vallorosi was taken to Westchester Medical Center in critical condition Sunday afternoon with a gunshot wound to her abdomen.
June 16, 2013 - Greenwich Time
- Gang suspected in South Bay shooting
Shot to the abdomen does not appear to be life threatening, police say.
June 15, 2013 - U-T San Diego
- Molly Ivins in Kansas City Star
Ivins said she would mention a "beer belly" and The Times would substitute "a protuberant abdomen."
- Svetlana Kuznetsova in San Diego Union Tribune
When I got up this morning, my abdomen was getting worse and worse although I received treatment yesterday,said Kuznetsova, the top seed who was given a first-round bye.
- Ali Abbas in International Herald Tribune
Some people from our town - and I was with them - dragged the body from the river,said Ali Abbas Al-Fatlawi, 30, a local resident. "We saw the head riddled with bullets, and fire shots in the left side of the abdomen. We also saw a tattoo...