batwing : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n one of a pair of swinging doors (as at the entrance to a western saloon)
- s formed or shaped like a bat's wing
a dress with batwing sleeves
- A lorcha, she combined a hull of European design with the rigging and batwing sails of a Chinese junk.
- It is the first world's fair ever to be held in Asia, but amid its architectural anarchy the occasional pagoda or the batwing sail of a Chinese junk seems oddly out of placeand .
- That imperial nose, the batwing ears, those bore- into-your-soul eyes .
News & Articles
- The Pull List (11/6/13): Zero Year extends its reach
This week, the blockbuster Bat-event "Zero Year" spills into other titles, including some surprises. You may expect Detective Comics and Batwing to carry the label, but Action Comics and Green Arrow are also joining the event that brings readers back to the Caped Crusader's roots.… [ Read more ] [ Subscribe to the comments on this story ]
Nov. 6, 2013 - Creative Loafing Charlotte
- Linear LED Luminaire lights grocery aisles and library stacks.
Available in 4 and 8 ft lengths The Producer features 60° or 80° batwing distribution and uses just 10 W/ft. Unit offers 100% downlight or split directional optics with 80% downlighting and 20% indirect, uplight component. Constructed with one-piece extruded aluminum housing, fixture has die-formed, cold-rolled steel internal wiring chassis with extruded clear, prismatic acrylic lens. Unit ...
Nov. 5, 2013 - ThomasNet
- Sienna Miller in AZ Central.com
Sedgwick, Miller says, "dressed for herself and not to impress anyone else. She chopped off her hair, put these batwing eyelashes on and became a style icon."
- Prabhu Deva in Times of India
Directing a Hindi movie for the first time was easy because Hindi films have been batwing doors for me since 1992. With so many friends here, from Anupam Kher to Boney Kapoor, I feel at home and language is no bar these days,says Deva .
- Dane Cook in MTV.com
The batwing makes me laugh,Cook said when asked to name his favorite move, one with so much stretching that it would make a long-distance runner cringe. "That's what Luis GuzmÃ¡n's character gets me with."