- n a statement of fundamental facts or principles
- n principles from which other truths can be derived
let's get down to basics
- n a popular programming language that is relatively easy to learn; an acronym for beginner's all-purpose symbolic instruction code; no longer in general use
- n (usually plural) a necessary commodity for which demand is constant
- The truth is, you just need to stick to the basics that you've been taught your whole life eat as much green, leafy vegetables as you can, as much fruit as you can, as colorful .
- But Peanuts is the leader of a refreshing new breed that takes an unprecedented interest in the basics of life.
- On the basics we've got 'em.
News & Articles
- Women's outdoor workshop held Sept. 13-15 at North Bend
A Women’s Workshop to learn the basics of fishing, hunting and other outdoor skills is Sept. 131-5 at Camp Waskowitz in North Bend. The annual workshop is coordinated by Washington Outdoor Women (WOW), a non-profit program dedicated to teaching women outdoor skills and natural resource steward
June 16, 2013 - Seattle Times
- Learn the basics of photography
Learn the basics of photography: The German American Heritage Center will hold a photography class for children at 2 p.m. Sunday, July 14, at the center, 712 W. 2nd St., Davenport. Western Illinois University consultant Terry Mahon will teach kids ages 8-18 the basics of taking photographs.
June 14, 2013 - Quad-City Times
- Camping basics
So what do you need to camp with the kids? Some basics, but beyond that, not much. Like kids, tents come in all shapes and sizes. Let’s assume that there are four of you. You can certainly buy a four-person tent, but it’s going to be tight in there.
June 12, 2013 - Black Mountain News
- Jim Newberry in TIME
These aren't luxury items,Mayor Jim Newberry said. "These requests represent pent-up needs for the basics."
- HÃ©ctor Moreno in The Associated Press
A defeat always hurts your pride, but it will force us to return to the basics,Moreno said.
- Muqtada al-Sadr in Earthtimes.org
There's one school of thought that says the way you grow out of the wilderness is by expanding the tent, appeal to Hispanics, to women, use technology. I think the way you grow the tent is by going back to the basics of what brought you to town in... Mark Sanford http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Sanford&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGwjxVbpV93-o-csOAgUCLTqtq4EQ MSNBC http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29334509/&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFBUgoVUD2cQNwFbRwM15rBMOdkLA Feb 22, 2009
8414 11863 basil I hope the Sunnis of Iraq will be there waiting for you, paving the road with roses and basil leaves, opening their hearts and their homes to you," Sadr said in a statement.