basically : Definition, Usages, News and More
- r in essence; at bottom or by one's (or its) very nature
He is basically dishonest
- Superman's basically an omnipotent god.
- And Yankee's rapid-fire rapping, boyish good looks and exceptional work ethic have helped turn what is basically club music into an international phenomenon.
- I basically ran with my five kids.
News & Articles
- Prof Rating Websites Called ‘Inhumane’ And ‘Dangerous’ By Prof With No Ratings
“I have higher education on my side, you just have your sites!” was basically the summary of UK professor Bill Cooke’s blog post about higher-educator rating websites like Rate My Professor and it’s British knock-off Rate My Lecturer. Having apparently just learned that such websites exist, Professor Bill Cooke took to his own corner of [...] Prof Rating Websites Called ‘Inhumane’ And ‘Dangerous ...
June 15, 2013 - The Inquisitr
- How To Value An Internet Stock
An academic study, published several years after the peak of the dot-com bubble, accurately described just how whacky internet valuations grew until the bubble burst. The study?s first sentence basically stated that valuations lost touch with reality. During the internet frenzy, there was mention of ?new economy? stock references to new valuation zones that should be considered reasonable. At ...
June 14, 2013 - Forbes
- Artistry: Here Now, Dazzling, Dystopian Architecture Made by Math
Image via Architizer Fascinated by the intricate patterns formed by fractals, basically math processes that repeat incessantly in an ongoing feedback loop, UK physicist-turned-web developer Tom Beddard makes impossibly elaborate complexes that look like they belong in the gritty cities...
June 14, 2013 - Curbed
- Alan Duncan in Telegraph.co.uk
Asked why people no longer wanted to stand for Parliament, Mr Duncan said: "No-one who has done anything in the outside world, or is capable of doing such a thing, will ever come into this place ever again, the way we are going. Basically, it's...
- Barack Obama in U.S. News & World Report
Their prescription for every challenge is pretty much the same-and I don't think I'm exaggerating here-basically, cut taxes for the wealthy, cut rules for corporations, and cut working folks loose to fend for themselves,he said.
- Trevor Immelman in ESPN
I didn't feel happy with my game,Immelman said Sunday evening, wearing his new green jacket but remembering his comeback from surgery. "I didn't feel happy with the way I was playing. I felt like I had to just basically start from zero...