- n tough protective covering of the woody stems and roots of trees and other woody plants
- n a noise resembling the bark of a dog
- n a sailing ship with 3 (or more) masts
- n the sound made by a dog
- v speak in an unfriendly tone
She barked into the dictaphone
- v cover with bark
- v remove the bark of a tree
- v make barking sounds
The dogs barked at the stranger
- v tan (a skin) with bark tannins
- Roiling seas and winds gusting to 40 knots buffeted the bark on its first night out of Bermuda, but when Andrew Freeman, 22, of Wallasey, England, finished his watch at 4 a.
- The colonial era that bark cloth helped usher in also led to a decline in its use, with printed cotton and appliqu quilts replacing tapa in many Pacific ceremonies.
- Taxol, a drug derived from tree bark, is approved to treat ovarian cancer.
News & Articles
- Trucks in Bark River
BARK RIVER - The nice weather has arrived just in time for the 38th annual Bark River Off-Road races this weekend, and it is merely adding to the anticipation surrounding the event.
June 13, 2013 - The Iron Mountain Daily News
- Kickoff Rally for Bark for Life set for June 20th
On Thursday, June 20th, from 5:00 - 7:00 p. m., the American Cancer Society Bark For Life of Acadiana will officially get underway as event volunteers and participants gather at Lafayette Veterinary Care Center for a kickoff rally to launch their fundraising efforts for the year. The rally is open to anyone interested in getting more involved; dogs are welcomed. This also will be an opportunity ...
June 12, 2013 - KATC 3 Lafayette
- Bark in the Park brings in $5K for Guardian Angel Humane Society
The Guardian Angel Humane Society hosted its 8th annual “Bark in the Park” event at Lincoln Park on Saturday, with all proceeds going to the organization’s effort to provide medical assistance to pets in need. “Because the weather was so nice, it was our biggest turn-out yet,” said Cathy White, president and founder of the Guardian Angel Humane Society. “There were more people than dogs ...
June 11, 2013 - The Galesburg Register-Mail
- Bill Cunningham in 940 News
The time will come, Cunningham added, when the liberal-leaning media will "peel the bark off Barack Hussein Obama" and tell the truth about his relationship with indicted fundraiser Antoin (Tony" Rezko) and how Obama got "sweetheart deals" in...
- Tony Stewart in New York Daily News
My whole theory is maybe if we bark loud enough and long enough maybe the higher-ups will hear the barking and do something about it,Stewart said.
- Hugo Young in Contra Costa Times
During the war, on numerous testing occasions, his parade-ground bark and military bearing produced a more incisive appearance than some of the prime minister's own appearances,Young wrote.