- n the negotiation of the terms of a transaction or agreement
- v negotiate the terms of an exchange
- v come to terms; arrive at an agreement
- In my view, the public plan's bargaining power over providers is a feature rather than a bug.
- Many saw this civil case agreement as major signal that negotiations were moving fast on the criminal plea bargaining front, which may include Madoff's desire to keep his family .
- Thuy is known to have married and fathered children, but his family has been kept as hidden from foreign eyes as the bargaining points he carries to Paris inside his head.
News & Articles
- Essar Steel Algoma Inc. Reaches Tentative Agreement with USW Local 2251
Tentative agreement unanimously recommended by USW 2251 bargaining committee SAULT STE. MARIE, ON, June 28, 2013 /PRNewswire/ - ESSAR Steel Algoma Inc. announced today that a tentative agreement has been ...
June 28, 2013 - PR Newswire via Yahoo! Finance
- Bipartisan vote on early stage capital bill may set tone for Legislature
Lingering bitterness over the 2011 public-employee bargaining bill, and the related recall elections that followed, widened divides that often separate Democrats and Republicans in the Legislature. Lawmakers are people, too, so there was no shortage of bruised feelings in the Capitol.
June 28, 2013 - Small Business Times
- Detroit emergency manager terminates two union contracts
By Nick Carey (Reuters) - As part of ongoing efforts to fix Detroit's fiscal crisis, emergency manager Kevyn Orr has terminated collective bargaining agreements with two of the more than 40 unions representing city workers, a spokesman said on Thursday. But Orr also signaled a willingness to bargain with unions that could be seen as a peace offering for organized labor. The letters, sent out on ...
June 27, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Alan Rosenberg in ABC News
The Screen Actors Guild national negotiating committee is coming to the bargaining table every day in good faith to negotiate a fair contract for actors,Rosenberg said.
- Hoshyar Zebari in Reuters South Africa
It may be the Mehdi Army because the location of the (kidnapping) is in their theatre of operations,said Zebari. "Their safety is our top priority ...... I don't think they will (kill) them. They are using them for bargaining, but they...
- Logan Mankins in Toronto Sun
After the 2008 season, me and my agent approached the Patriots about an extension and I was told that Mr. Kraft did not want to do an extension because of the (uncertain collective bargaining agreement),Mankins told ESPN.